Robotic surface treatment is a process that can be widely used in the manufacturing technology industry for a variety of applications ranging from the aerospace industry to the ship industry. This is a need addressed in the industry with robotic automation.
The motivation, as with many applications, is mainly due to the manual coating process and the complexity of automating the process. In the manual arena, the factors contributing to the need for the development of a robotic surface finishing work cell are: exposure of workers' hands and arms to mechanical impact, vibrations and repetition that lead to worker fatigue and disability, human errors and inconsistencies, toxic dust generation, and skilled labor shortages.
Each surface has small variations, so to achieve a uniform surface finish, the sander or polisher must meet the surface with a constant force and move at an even speed.
SRDR Robotics develops a robotic system for surface finishing, including sanding and polishing of small or large surfaces. It can be used to process objects before they are painted. It is also useful for sanding molded parts or composite materials. The speed is electronically adjusted by the software so you will have an easier time managing your robot. Industrial robots are an important part of the progress in the manufacturing industry. Robots are developing with many advanced technologies. Vision recognition, skill learning, artificial intelligence, new human-machine collaboration, easy programming, etc. Concepts such as will help increase production efficiency and expand the field of robot application.
SRDR robotic surface treatment robots
SRDR Robotics, Agriculture, Automotive, Chemistry, Defense, Energy, Food, Medicine, Metal, Cosmetics, Stationery, Energy, Textile, Wood, Agriculture, Plastic, Weapons, Perfumery, Printing, Air Conditioning, Ship industries for 25 years and more than 300 recommends and makes the best application for you with its project experience, SRDR Robotics is your solution partner to find the right robotic solution. With its innovative solutions in robot technology, proven project management, equipment integration and experienced engineering approach, it continues to create value for you, our valuable customers, in projects that require high technology. You can rely on us for your implementation, we explain to you what can be done at the beginning of the project, and we say it at the beginning without compromising our honesty and keep our promise for the things that cannot be done. Our aim is to help you facilitate your operations by increasing your efficiency, reducing your maintenance costs and optimizing your workforce, solving the problem, and providing a solution partnership for you to achieve more profitable production in the age of industrial 4.0 and digitalization.
Long-lasting high levels of improvement
Robotic surface treatment applications are one of the core competencies of SRDR Robotics in robot solutions. SRDR Robotics does everything that includes all the necessary transformations of existing facilities so that everything works in perfect harmony with the robot. We shorten the commissioning time at our customer's facility by thoroughly testing the cell before delivery.
Low cost high efficiency
In the field of industrial production technologies, we have been working in the field of industrial production technologies for 25 years by adopting the subjects of "Value Added", "Competitiveness", "Technological Gain", "Continuity" and "Trust". SRDR offers a range of automated products to help our customers achieve their goals. We manufacture and integrate a wide variety of robotic and assembly systems used in production environments. We develop and provide complete solutions such as lines, visual engineering control, weight check, metal detectors and labeling.
Automatic surface treatments
There are many applications for accurate robotic surface finishing. Most manufacturing materials require surface finishing, and robotic tools with 6-axis sensors are ideal for the job.
• Sanding and polishing furniture and other wooden items - Mass produced wood products often require shaping, sanding and polishing to achieve the required finish. Sanding tools can be equipped with various grades of sandpaper and also a constant amount of force can be applied to make the item perfectly smooth.
• Stainless steel parts Polishing - Slightly abrasive belt or spinning disc tool polish can be used on stainless steel pencils.
• Deburring after metal machining - The deburring arm end tool can be used with the sensor, resulting in perfectly smooth edges.
• Grinding of metal surfaces - Grinding wheels can be attached to the sensor to apply the right force to smoothly shape and smooth metal surfaces.
• Remove injection mold parting lines - The line where the two halves of a plastic injection mold meet is known as the parting line. It usually leaves a small protrusion that needs to be removed.
• Force Torque sensor, when combined with a holder, can press the parting line of the workpiece against a polishing wheel, exerting excellent force to remove the protrusion without damaging the item.
• Polishing design elements - Polymer or metal objects can be polished to give a shiny finish, such as a cell phone case.
These technologies can be applied to a variety of industry sectors including;
Aerospace: Intelligent deburring and polishing of critical properties for components. Intelligent assembly for part production.
Heavy industry: Automated cleaning, masking applications, machine maintenance and parts handling between processes.
Production line: The inherent safety features and flexibility of collaborative robots allow robots to work with their human counterparts to perform a variety of tasks in an assembly line.
Benefits of robotic surface treatment
• Constant force - The force will be kept constant throughout the finishing unless settings are changed.
• Avoid excessive or under-polishing - The sensor follows contours of the surface using 6-axis surfaces avoiding too much or too little force.
• Manual path recording - The operator can set a manual path for the robot to follow in minutes.
• Adapts to the environment - The sensor can find the orientation of the object and automatically correct the tool orientation.
• Detects collision - Prevents collisions with protrusions or other tools.
• G surface coating
Good form and position accuracy
Long-lasting, smooth, high treatment levels
• Can be applied to both hardened and non-hardened material
• The fastest and most accurate method to obtain the final surface quality and flatness.
• Fast turnaround! No fixing or stacking is required to facilitate a quick setup.
• High productivity can be achieved at low cost.
• The surface quality produced is very smooth
• Ability to print parts with good mechanical strength
Relatively low cost
• More reliable and effective
Results are testable and reproducible
SRDR Robotics also provides advanced technology:
Intelligent robotic assembly lines
Intelligent Automatic machines and special lines
Intelligent customized OEE
Intelligent customized report with Erp communication
Intelligent robotic camera applications
Intelligent Robotics deep learning
• Use of Smart Robots
Intelligent Robotic machine learning
Intelligent Robotic simulation and analysis
Intelligent Robotic vision quality systems
Intelligent Vision Guided Robotic Systems
Intelligent dark factory and digital readiness
• Artificial intelligence
Big Data Management and Cloud systems
Control Systems, PLC, Scada, Bluetooth,
• Digitalization Transformation Solutions and Artificial Intelligence
Industrial Data Processing Systems
Industrial Software, Hardware, IoT and IT Solutions
Industry 4.0 and Industry 5.0 Application Services
Integrated Intelligent Automation Systems
Remote System Access and Control
Robot Technologies and Systems
• Science, Research, Development, Robotics
Server and Storage Infrastructure Systems
Simulation Based Planning
Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Applications
Learn more about the unique capabilities of SRDR Robotics. Contact us immediately, let's evaluate the situation together and let your projects come to life.